If you are wondering how to lose weight and looking for weight loss calorie diet then this article may help you. So read more to know the best foods for weight loss.
Losing weight is a tricky thing. You will not manage to do it overnight. You need a healthy diet and good regime of exercise to achieve that. But here we’ll look at the foods that are helpful to lose weight and in a healthy way.
Remember weight loss diet has nothing to do with starving. I you starve yourself that will only create other health problems. Healthy way to shed pounds means to eat naturally filling, nutrient-packed power foods.
Foods which are best for the weight loss should be low in – calories, fats, refined sugar and sodium and high in – complex carbs, fiber, protein and water content.
Given below is the list of the foods which are good for weight loss:
- Lentils – High in protein and soluble fiber, it lowers blood cholesterol. A good source of low fat protein, lentils are natural weight loss foods.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is healthy and has the highest satiety ranking of any food. It’s great food for losing weight.
- Kale & Spinach: Kale is high in fiber and probably one of the most nutritious vegetables. Vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in it make it a very good food for the dieters. Spinach is an exceptionally nutritious food with large amounts of the antioxidant beta-carotene, considered as a good food for weight loss.
- Broccoli – A very filling food rich in fiber and very low in calorie.
- Egg Whites – An excellent source of high quality protein, egg whites are effective in weight loss. Egg whites in the morning give your body the fuel it needs to burn fat.
- Pomegranates – Good in taste and high in nutrient, pomegranates are good weight loss food.
- Salmon – It is not only good for your heart but also a good food for weight loss. Omega-3 fatty acids in salmon improve insulin sensitivity which helps build muscle and more muscle you build more calories your body burns.
- Apple – Here’s another health benefits of eating apples. If you can manage to eat an apple a day that will reduce your chance to gain weight. Apples are high in fiber and very filling. A great low calorie snack.
- Yogurt – Plain yogurt is the perfect food if you are on diet. Yogurt significantly increases fat loss.
- Grapefruit – They are low in calorie and a very effective food for weight loss. Researchers investigated the effect of grapefruit on weight loss and found that eating half a grapefruit before a meal can actually help people drop weight.
Above listed foods are the only few among many others that can be included on a weight loss diet.
Example for some other best foods for weight loss…
- Boiled brown rice
- Turkey breast
- Olive oil
- Green salads
- Sprouted pulses and High fiber cereals
There are no such special foods to weight loss. Foods that are high in fiber and low in calorie considered good for weight loss. Also, some foods are considered good for weight loss because they are low in energy and low in sodium. Processed foods are always bad for health. Foods that are nutritionally dense and high in water content are good to lose weight.